Sunday, January 11, 2009

013: #008 Adolescence

When the snow started letting up and I went outside to shovel snow, the teenager across the street who does yard work for me in the summer was out snowmobiling with a couple of friends. When she saw me shoveling she got off the snowmobile, grabbed a friend and a snowshovel and came over to shovel me out. They took my shovel and proceeded to clear the steps and the walk down to the driveway. Then the third member of the little group (the owner of the snowmobile) got himself stuck and they ran back to help him and started racing around the yard again.

She's a nice girl and always ready to give a hand to the old lady across the street.

{sigh} I remember being young and energetic and loving to play in the snow!

{Oops! I meant to schedule this for tomorrow}

6 comments:

  1. I used to love to snowmobile... What a wonderful photo to bring back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice that she stopped what she was doing to help. Glad you got to take their photograph for this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. picture Postcard Shot. Sell it and make a few quid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice capture of adolescence. A better view than what people are often given of today's young teens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning image, and how nice of them to help you shovel - you don't see that all the time with teens these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a nice idea for this theme. I don't think most people equate adolescence with kindness and generosity...

    ReplyDelete