Tuesday, January 20, 2009

023: #026 Big Events

My TV is as close as I was willing to get to this big event. May God bless our new President and keep him and his family safe from harm. And may his dreams and plans for the future of the USA bring us and the rest of the world back out of the pit we have slid into!

First time I ever tried taking photographs of what's showing on TV. I played with the settings and got a couple that didn't look too light or too dark or too blurry or too lined. This was a little overexposed, but ACR dialed it back to what you see here. Hand held, by the way. And if anyone's interested, these were the settiings:

Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi
Date: 2009:01:20
Shutter speed: 1/4 sec
Aperture: 5
Exposure mode: Av
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Spot
ISO: 100
Lens: 28 to 135mm
Focal length: 70mm
AF mode: One-shot AF
Image quality: Raw
White balance: Auto
Color space: AdobeRGB

Oops! I did it again! Instead of putting tomorrow's date on this I just hit "publish"!

14 comments:

  1. I echo your sentiments in this historic photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out awesome - really clear! I second your sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great handling of this momentous occasion. And I know how tricky it is to get a good shot like yours off the TV. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great capture of the image on your tv. And it truly was inspiring to see him sworn in...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job taking this photograph of your television screen. No glare, perfect coloring, just a great shot in general.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out very well. Not always easy to get a "screen shot".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shot Jo.. Very good capture off the screen and nice capture of the Theme as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did get a great shot of this, it's a good day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you have a very special President!
    Take good care of him

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't have gotten a picture, because I was sitting there sobbing with joy and relief. You did a great job. (When I was in 6th grade, the Pope came to NYC for the first time. I took pictures of him on TV using my Kodak Instamatic--and was deeply disappointed to get back shots of the TV set with a giant flash of light bounced off the screen.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great historic event, great image, great slogan, great theme, and great Sony frame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It certainly was a historic moment. Nice capture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the world feels good, doesn't it?
    i really wanted that shot ... but was too busy weeping. and had a gut feeling it wouldn't turn out. shoulda tried anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was certainly a big event, historical, and a great shot.

    ReplyDelete