Sunday, January 18, 2009

020: #255 Red


Well, the cardinal didn't make it as "red" but yesterday's sunrise glowed red. And I'm sure there will be prettier sunrises and sunsets later this year -- and warmer mornings when I'm willing to take a walk outside to frame a better shot -- so let's call this one "red".

Wanabe asked about the settings, so here it is.

I stepped out on the porch, but it was toooo frigid for me, so I went back inside and shot through a window trying out lots of settings. I dialed down the exposure compensation on this particular shot because it was getting lighter outside. I started with ISO 800 but the photo was a lovely pastel, so I kept changing settings until I got something I liked better.

Canon XSi
Date/Time: 2009:01:17 08:37:41
Shutter speed: 1/8 sec
Aperture: 16
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -2
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Spot
Drive mode: Continuous: frame 1
ISO: 100
Lens: 28 to 135mm
Focal length: 135mm
AF mode: One-shot AF
Image quality: Raw
White balance: Auto
Color space: AdobeRGB

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, Your capture of the colour is very good. What were your camera settings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jungles on fire, the Jungles on fire (Chicken Little)
    Boy were you lucky to get a shot before the whole place went up in flames.
    Wonderful photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colour - I thought it was a fire at first. Incredible

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very striking! Thanks for sharing your settings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shot of the red sky, Jo! I like the silhouette of the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful capture. Gorgeous colors framed by the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it. The branches and lines help to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning shot...nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! I commend you for braving the weather to get this...

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I can only hope to see a sunset around here like that - how beautiful just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shot. I think its a combo of both branches and red that make it work.

    ReplyDelete